The Inspired Mama Goddess Store

Friday, January 1, 2010

...Man In The Mirror...



Through the years I have always been a HUGE Michael Jackson Fan! I grew up listening and loving and with his passing this past year I feel as if I lost a friend... I know that many people have had "issues" with Michael through the last few decades, but not even those that dislike him due to rumors of abuse or his battle with drugs can not deny that he had a great talent and a great love for people of all shapes, sizes and color. His love for the less fortunate has been an inspiration for me my entire life and will always continue to be so. As I make a conciouse disision to reach out to those less fortunate than myself on a regular basis, my hope is that you all can and will do the same. It's unfortunate that in a world so bright and beautiful there are still those in need, still hungry and still poor. We can make a difference - Together we can change the world.

This video, and the song itself, have always served as an inspiration to me. It's so easy these days to watch the news, pick up a paper or turn on the radio and get depressed about the state of the world around us. It is easy to feel small and helpless to change anything. Crime, Hunger, War, Sickness and Misery flood the world around, as they always have. You may think, I can't change anything, why try? Well, you are PARTLY right. You CAN'T change the world... But you CAN change YOU! And that makes a difference.

I implore you to make a commitment to change YOUR way of thinking, change just ONE thing about YOU that you don't like. And you will see not just a difference in you but also in those around you. It's hard to see how any one person can make a real change in the world, but by changing YOU, you can help to change others and they in turn help even more.

What ever it takes to change you is worth it in the end. Smile for an extra 10 minutes a day and see the difference in your life. Help just one person a week with their groceries or house and watch their mood and yours change. Feed just one hungry person a week and see how you can not just change your outlook but others.

Changing you - Changes the world!

So in the words of the Late Great Michael Jackson - "If you want to make the world a better place, take a look at yourself and make a change!"

What are YOU going to change to make your world a better place?

No comments:

Post a Comment